Sunday, May 27, 2007

some new stuff

These are the beginnings of a new project I have in mind. I shot 'em just before school got out. They were shot on the hosbimlinad. Hooks me up with some critix.

Blender


Television


I am in Cool New York right now. I moved here. For a job. Things is sort of confused though so I will give y'all more details as I gets 'em better figured out.
p.s. I gots my own blog at robotsays.blogspot.com it has photo stuff plus other stuff. Yous'ns should check it out too.

3 comments:

tspin said...

Looks like an intriguing project. Do the objects themselves have any particular meaning? Are the drops significant? I really think you should pursue it. I think it has potential. But what's with the "I can't shoot any more because I don't have a studio"? Get creative! Keep shooting!

Erik Dalzen said...

The real reason I can't shoot is because I don't have a tripod, but I am working on that.
The project is about the visual references or symbols that each of have in mind associated with language. So while the object is not pictured directly it is hinted at in folds of fabric and shape of light and from that the viewer can insert the corresponding symbol from his/her visual vocabulary. The objects themselves are among the staple appliances or possessions of an american home.
I am also interested in the act of titling and the sort of authenticity that that gives. Many of the objects won't be at all identifiable without the title and I want to play up the kind of trust or mistrust that that entails.
The drops, so far, have not been directly significant. They are to both reveal and abstract the subject.

Kelli Ward said...

your website looks great. i loved looking back through the common spaces project. congrats. i hope that new york is treating you well.