Thursday, May 3, 2007

First Post

I am proud to be the first to post to this here blog. I must admit I have never posted on a blog before in my life. Just the word "blog" rubs me the wrong way, but hey - this is coming from a guy who still doesn't have a cell phone! I am looking forward to hearing what everyone is up to and where you all end up.
Just to stay in keeping with the theme of this little info exchange, let me throw this out there. I have never presented myself as a portrait photographer, but I do well enough and as a rule I have no trouble posing couples and families. Within the past 8 months, however, including within the last week, I have had several opportunities to photograph my 18 year old sister for her senior portraits. It has been a HUGE challenge! Some of the pictures have turned out okay, but in the end I wasn't super excited. The biggest problem I ran into was posing. In nearly every picture I ended up having her fold her arms. How do you pose individuals, especially girls? I'd love some feedback on this one.



No comments: