Saturday, May 5, 2007

Image Recovery Software

This is especially for Kelli, but it may be of interest to everyone else.
There is a FREE image/data recovery program that I have found to be very useful for recovering images from corrupted or formatted CF cards. It is called PhotoRec. It is a companion program to TestDisk, both of which can be downloaded at the following web address:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Hope that is helpful. Does anyone know of any other good image recovery programs?

1 comment:

Michael said...

I've got some software that comes with the Lexar disks that has saved my bacon a couple of times. It's practically free (if you've owned a Lexar CF card, you've had it before). It's called image rescue, and I can get anyone a copy of it that would like it. I'll have to try out that other program as well.
-M